This 6-week course is especially designed for the absolute adult beginner who wants to learn how to paint with pastels.
Come and learn about soft pastels, how to mix and blend and to paint varying textures such as smooth and shiny or soft and furry. We’ll cover a range of subjects including animals, landscapes, flowers and clouds. This course is a great basic starter where you’ll have the opportunity to experience making art with beautiful pastels in a comfortable space. Each class is run in a step by step format, where we paint together and you’ll get to take home a finished piece of art each week that you can be proud of.
Seats are limited to a maximum of 12, our classes are non-competitive and fun, so don’t miss out – book today!!
Covid Safe practices will be in place.
Location: Mount Ommaney Community Hub, Brisbane. Details of the address will be emailed to you on receipt of your booking.
Course Cost: $240.00 per person
Weekly on Wednesdays 3.30pm – 5.30pm
24th February – 31 March 2021
THE ART MATERIALS YOU’LL NEED:
- Soft Pastels – artist quality sets or individual sticks (I recommend Art Spectrum brand)
- 6 x sheets of Art Spectrum Colourfix Pastel paper A4
- Drawing paper or art diary
- Charcoal sticks
- Drawing board about A3 size (to tape or clip you paper on)
- Table easel (if you prefer)
- Kneadable eraser
- Old hand-towel (wet on one end)
- Baking paper or glassine (to protect your finished art)
- Bulldog clips x 3
- Masking tape
Find a printable PDF Delicious Art Materials List for Students here so you can have fun shopping for your pastels, paper and required art items. (Average cost would be around $120.00 at Art Shed Brisbane)