Join me as we paint together to create colour-filled art with soft pastels. Learn how to layer pastel gently to build density and still keep the edges soft. Find out how to paint leaves and lush trees with movement and form. We will be doing a few different exercises using charcoal and soft pastels.
Prepare to dive deep into the deliciousness of soft pastels and create a bright and lush painting.
Date: Saturday 16th March 2024
Time: 10am – 3pm
$190 Art Materials Supplied
What to bring if you’ve chosen the BYO option:
- Soft Pastels – artist quality sets or individual sticks. Make sure you have a nice range of blues and greens and cool greys.
- 2 sheets of Colourfix pastel paper 20 x 30cm in neutral tones
- A4 Drawing paper or an art diary
- Willow Charcoal sticks
- Drawing board (to tape or clip your paper on – I have spares)
- Table or standing easel (if you prefer but not essential)
- Kneadable eraser
- Old hand-towel for your hands
- Apron to protect your clothes
- Baking paper or glassine (to protect your finished art)
- Bulldog clips x 3
- Masking tape
- A ruler
- An apron and hand towel or wet wipes
- Your own lunch