This 6-week course is especially designed for the adult beginner and intermediate that wants to learn how to paint with soft pastels.
Come and learn about the deliciousness of soft pastels; how to mix and blend and to paint varying textures such as smooth and shiny or soft and furry. We’ll cover a range of subjects including animals, landscapes, flowers and clouds. This course is a great basic starter where you’ll have the opportunity to experience making art with beautiful pastels in a comfortable space.
Even if you’ve already been to my classes, there’s new content each time so you’ll never paint the same thing twice. Each class is run in a step-by-step format, where we paint together and you’ll get to take home a finished piece of art each week that you can be proud of. No more than 8 people per class.
- Soft Pastels – artist quality sets or individual sticks. Art Spectrum is a great brand for beginners.
- Art Spectrum Colourfix Paper 23 x 30cm in a range of colours (black, aubergine, blue, terracotta, green, Australian grey; to name a few).
- A4 Drawing paper or an art diary
- Willow Charcoal sticks
- Drawing board to tape or clip your paper on (I have spares)
- Table or standing easel (if you prefer but not essential)
- Kneadable eraser
- Old hand-towel for your hands
- Old bath size towel to lay on the table
- Apron to protect your clothes
- Baking paper or glassine (to protect your finished art)
- Bulldog clips x 3
- Masking tape
- A ruler